Saturday, February 28, 2015

Liebster Award: Bloggers Recognizing Bloggers

I feel honored to be nominated by Tobi Sauers from Simply Jesus Ministries for the Liebster Award which is where one blogger recognizes five bloggers.  In simplest terms, it gives bloggers an opportunity just to say "Hey, I like what you do."  And in my opinion, if even one person likes what I do, that's important to me.  So thank you, Tobi!
 
I met Tobi through our 31 Day Writing Challenge in October and have stayed in contact with her ever since through a facebook group she started for those who survived the 31 Day Challenge.  This group has been instrumental in motivating me to publish my 31 day writing series into a book:  In His Light:  Facing Fear with Faith as well as inspiring me to do more with the words that God has given me to write.  
 
Thank you, Tobi for thinking of me and for including me with four other women who I look up to greatly and honestly was a little surprised...ok, a little shocked...to even be on the same list as them!  You ladies are truly an inspiration--
 

 
And I'd also like to thank my mom and dad for giving me so many funny things to write about, and I'd like to thank my dog...
 
I'm just kidding!  Ok, my little acceptance speech is done.  Here is what I have to do next to complete my duties for the Liebster Award!
 
HERE ARE THE "OFFICIAL RULES":

  1. Thank and link back to the person who nominates you--CHECK
  2. Answer the questions given by the person who nominates you--CHECK
  3. Nominate 5 other bloggers, big or small--CHECK
  4. Create 5 new questions for the nominees to answer--CHECK
  5. Let the nominees know they’ve been nominated--CHECK


1. What are you reading right now, and why should we all read it? (if you aren't a book reader, what is your favorite blog?)

 
Power of the Praying Parent by Stormie O'Martian
I'm a busy, working mom, so this book is perfect.  It has short chapters and powerful prayers to pray over my children.  I want my children covered in prayer!



2. What is your favorite drink from Starbucks, or your favorite coffee shop?

I don't drink coffee.  When I was a teacher, my students were always surprised when they learned that I didn't drink coffee because I was a very energetic teacher--especially when we learned about the periodic table of elements.  For the record, yes, I really was that excited about the periodic table! 



3. What is your favorite Bible story and why?

I have to pick just one?  I love the one when Jesus walks on water from Matthew 14:22-33.  So often I find myself living in fear and doubt God and this is such a great example of Jesus calling us...asking us to step out in faith...and being there to catch us when we lose faith.

Jesus Walks on the Water
22 Immediately Jesus made the disciples get into the boat and go on ahead of him to the other side, while he dismissed the crowd. 23 After he had dismissed them, he went up on a mountainside by himself to pray. Later that night, he was there alone, 24 and the boat was already a considerable distance from land, buffeted by the waves because the wind was against it.
25 Shortly before dawn Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. 26 When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. “It’s a ghost,” they said, and cried out in fear.
27 But Jesus immediately said to them: “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.”
28 “Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.”
29 “Come,” he said.
Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. 30 But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!”
31 Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?”
32 And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down. 33 Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.”


4. If you had a day all to yourself what would you do?

If money were no object here, I would fly anywhere with a quiet beach and bring a whole stack of books to read all by myself! 


5. What are your 2 favorite songs? (Bonus points for sharing a YouTube, okaaaayy, so there aren't any points, but it would still be fun. )
 
 
"The Way You Look Tonight" by Frank Sinatra--that was my wedding song
"I Will Follow You" by Chris Tomlin--I love being reminded that life is about following God no matter what!




 
 
 

 
 




I am honored to know such amazing women in this blogging world.  The 5 bloggers that I would like to recognize with whom I've really enjoyed connecting through the 4Real Moms Monthly Newsletter as well as guest blogging.  These are women with a heart to serve others through their writing. 

Karrilee Aggett:  Abiding Love, Abounding Grace
Natalie Busch:  The Messy Mom
Melissa Mulvaney:  Meaning, Joy, Purpose
Sandra Black:  Sandra's Ark
Asheritah Ciuciu:  One Thing Alone

It's a privilege to have had the opportunity to get to know you ladies.  Here are your 5 questions so I can get to know you more:

1.  What is your favorite bible verse and why?

2.  What is your biggest fear and how do you overcome it?

3.  What is your most embarrassing moment?

4.  What is your greatest strength and your greatest weakness?

5.  What is your favorite movie and why?

I understand that you are busy moms and writers.  Take your time!  It has taken me about two weeks to finally get all this done!  No pressure at all. 

May God bless you all--especially all the women, moms, and writers out there!

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment