Friday, August 22, 2014

Protect Him, Lord: A Prayer for My Child on His First Day of Kindergarten

"Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

Matthew 19:14

 


Lord, bless Ben as he starts school today.  Be near my son.  Help him to feel Your presence.   Help him to be brave and strong and courageous.  Help him to make new friends.  Help him to feel confident as he starts to learn new things.  Protect him, God, against discouragement, frustration and negativity. 



Guide him in all he says and does, and give him a very strong conscience to help him make the right choices.  Show him how to stand alone and do the right thing even when it’s not easy or even when others choose to do the wrong thing.  Put positive friends in his path, but also allow him to show love to those who need You in their lives.  Give him a heart to include others and encourage them.  Give him a heart to love, to be helpful, to be kind.  Allow him to be a positive influence on others. 



Guard his heart and his mind against the bad things that are in this world.  Protect him each and every day while he’s in that school building or anytime that he is away from me.  I know that You love Ben even more than I do, so God I give Ben to you.  Put him in Your loving, protective care. 
In Jesus’ name…Amen!
 
**For a printable copy of a prayer to pray over your girl or boy, visit my website at:  http://www.4realmoms.com/resources.html

No comments:

Post a Comment